登录 / 注册



当前位置:首页>学习资源首页>英语听力>影视原声:14 追悼会结束乔治和罗伯特的私语

影视原声:14 追悼会结束乔治和罗伯特的私语

1 5222 分享 来源:必克英语 2014-09-19

 

Spiiker “影视原声”,感受纯正英音,体味高雅贵族生活!

 

中英对白

Robert: Well, we've given them a memorial in London and a memorial here.

好啦,伦敦和这里的追悼会都办完了。

George Murray: I prefer memorials to funerals. They're less dispiriting.

追悼会更好些 没有葬礼那么压抑

Robert: We could hardly have held a funeral without the bodies.

没有遗体也办不了葬礼。

I gather they're putting up a stone to mark those whose bodies were never found.

我看他们会建一座纪念碑来悼念那些尸骨无存的人。

George Murray: In fact, I hear the Canadians are making quite a thing of the Titanic cemetery.

实际上我听说加拿大人要建泰坦尼克号公墓。

I'm surprised at the number they found. You'd think the sea would have taken more of them.

我对他们所找到的遗体的数字感到惊讶。我本以为还有更多的人都要葬身海底了。

Robert: So, Murray, what have you to tell me about the lucky Mr Crawley?

那么, Murray,你必须告诉我那位幸运的Crawley先生家成员有什么消息呢?

George Murray: Nothing too terrible, I hope.

我希对你来说不是太糟糕的情况。

[Scene: Murray chuckles.]

[情景:Murray轻声地笑了笑。]

George Murray: I've only made a few inquiries but, no, there's not much to alarm you.

我也只是稍作了些打听,您不必太担心。

Matthew Crawley is a solicitor, based in Manchester.

Matthew Crawley是名律师,在曼彻斯特执业。
Robert: Manchester?

曼城?

George Murray: His special field is company law. His mother is alive and he lives with her.

他的专长是公司法。母亲还健在,同他一起生活。

His father, obviously, is not. He was a doctor.

当然啦,父亲过世了,生前是名医生。

Robert: I know. It does seem odd that my third cousin should be a doctor.

我知道我的三堂兄居然是一名医生。

George Murray: There are worse professions.

还有比这更差的职业了。

Robert: Indeed.

确实。

See more information, you can visit us
 
英语口语测试 
http://www.spiiker.com/daily/ 

在线学英语口语 http://www.spiiker.com/english-plaza.jsp

 

1